Thursday, July 28, 2005

Let's Try Again!



My wireless keyboard gave up on life, and it took me this long to find one that worked. Now I can try again. I'm not sure what exactly I'm trying here because jet lag has made a large nest in my brain, and the effect is a little bit like a permanent state of inebriation. Hiccup.

In any case, I'm gathering material about the old Europeans at a rapid rate. Life seems quite pleasant here on the continent which the wingnuts argue is going straight to hell in a handbasket. Taxes may be higher here (though that really depends on how one defines taxes), but services from the tax money seem quite a bit better than what we get in the U.S.. And people have lots more time for their families and stuff. You know, that thing called family values which doesn't really marry very well with the religion of free market economics and no worker protection and eighty hour workweeks and so on.

Now there is a cat sitting at my feet. He wants to lure me into cuddling his belly when he stretches on his back on the rug, but when I do so he starts biting me quite savagely. Odd creatures, cats. I'm not going to do his bidding, again. Fool me once etcetera.

Ok. This was just a practise post to get going again.