Monday, December 04, 2006

Want A Headache?



If so, perhaps I can be of service. My weekend Deep Thought had to do with my belief that the universe and human behavior and other similar serious issues are all irreducibly complex, and that no amount of analysis or religious writing can really simplify all this to a few statements and rules. The corollary to this Thought was that for some odd reason many people deny this complexity and insist on very simple solutions to everything. In other words, they refuse to agree with me...

But more seriously, or probably less seriously but in a more serious way, I came up with this conclusion:

There are two kinds of people: Those, who find the universe irreducibly complex and those who prefer simple but false dualisms.

Heh. I think I just gave birth to a paradox.