Tuesday, November 30, 2010

IOKIYAM!



That's a new acronym I've invented (I hate them, by the way) along the lines of IOKIYAR which means It's OK If You Are A Republican. Mine means It's OK If You Are A Man.

That shorthand will make many of my posts obsolete, sadly.

This great creative invention happened when I was reading about the television series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit doing a program based on the Duke University F**k List. With added violence, naturally.

And I started thinking about the fact that no such show has been made on the basis of guys' similar lists. Or am I wrong? And if not, why are such lists newsworthy when a woman compiles them and not news when many men compile them?

Perhaps for just that reason. And because IOKIYAM.
----
Note: This is NOT a post on the original list but on the television adaptation.